Making Event Sponsors Happy
Sponsorships are key to events—they help give planners the resources they need to throw an event or meeting. It’s imperative, then, that you keep sponsors happy. Here are a few ideas to make sure your relationship stays strong for the years to come.
- Forge a personal relationship. Work to develop a deeper connection with your sponsor as opposed to a strictly business relationship. Find out who these people are that you’re working with. Ask questions and do your research to understand your sponsors.
- No more packages. Sponsorships do not need to be one size fits all. Instead of offering each potential sponsor the exact same opportunity, ask them what they need and then think how their need can come alive at your event. This will help you integrate them more seamlessly into your plans and ensure they’re pleased with their investment.
- Keep it social. Don’t forget that social media is a channel for sponsorships. You could get someone to tweet or Instagram about that company with regards to your event. The sponsor might, for example, say they want a number of photos to be placed on your Instagram feed during the course of the event. It’s an easy way to attract more sponsors.
- Don’t forget the perks. Everyone loves being pampered, so it’s a no-brainer to treat your sponsors the same way. Consider throwing an exclusive networking event or happy hour for them. Always think about going the extra mile. It allows them to feel special and gives them the opportunity to mingle with other like-minded companies.
- Sending a thank you. A personalized note or gift is the number one thing you can do. This can be a call, email or even a handwritten note—and it needs to be done quickly. It should go out no later than a week after the event. Gifts such as food or flowers can also be a great idea.